Unofficially, a dozen Montana LMSC long course records were set or broken this weekend at the May Classic in Bozeman:
- In the W70-74 age group, Sue Harkin (Bozeman Masters) lowered her marks in the 200m breaststroke and the 200m individual medley and broke Jeanne Ensign’s records in the 800m freestyle and 1500m freestyle and Barb Jackson’s record in the 50m breaststroke.
- Jordan Teller (Big Sky Montana Masters), now competing in the W35-39 age group for meters competitions, broke records in every event she swam in: 50m freestyle, 50m backstroke, 100m backstroke and 200m backstroke.
- In the W55-59 age group, Lori Rosolowsky (Bozeman Masters) set a new mark in the 50m butterfly.
- Guro Lindgren (Bozeman Masters) knocked about 17 seconds off her existing record in the 200m butterfly in the W25-29 age group.
- Bozeman Masters coach Janelle Munson-McGee, also competing in the W25-29 age group, made her first entry into the Montana LMSC record books by breaking the 100m butterfly record set by former Bozeman Masters coach Jamie Kujawa in 2010.
Meanwhile, at the Canadian Masters Swimming Championships in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Charlotte Sanddal set a new Montana LMSC and Northwest Zone record for short course meters in the 50m butterfly. One day of competition remains.
Once I receive the official results from the meet hosts, I will update the records on this website.