About Clubs and Club Membership
Montana Masters LMSC encourages Masters swimmers to join an existing club or to form a new one. For 2018 clubs pay an annual registration fee of $43 to USMS. This fee entitles the club to USMS liability insurance coverage as long as:
- Everyone in the workout is a registered U.S. Masters Swimming (USMS) or a USA-Swimming (USS) swimmer. The group must be supervised by a person currently registered with USMS. A grace period for joining is allowed if a membership form and waiver are signed prior to participation.
The club will receive
- A USMS Rule Book
- Roster updates
- Periodic updates on schedule changes, insurance and other USMS information.
In the MT LMSC
- A representative from each of the five largest clubs is a voting member of the LMSC Board of Directors which meets quarterly. Representatives from additional clubs are Ex-Officio members with voice, but no vote.
- May participate as a team and field relays in any sanctioned or approved pool or open water event
- Are eligible to bid to sponsor an event
To renew a club registration or to form a new club go here.
You can access the Building a Masters Swim Program booklet online. It has helpful information on starting and maintaining a successful Masters program.
About LMSC Clubs
Clubs are at the very heart of Masters swimming. A club with coaches and scheduled workouts is what really sets Masters swimming apart from recreational swimmers doing laps in any old pool.
- A regular schedule makes it easier to keep swimming as part of your daily routine.
- Swimming with the same people at workouts builds camaraderie and friendships that help to keep you coming back for more.
- A coach on deck is indispensable for improving your technique, helping you over hurdles so you can become a better swimmer, improve your fitness, reduce your risk of injury, enjoy your time in the water more, and help you challenge yourself to new events, be it an open water swim, pol meet, or any goal you have set for yourself.
- Structured workouts help provide diversity to your workout time that will make you a better all-around swimmer.